‘MANTHAN’ offers a comprehensive course in ECCE- Early Childhood Care Education. This professional ‘Diploma Course’ prepares its candidates to enter the highly respected and rewarding field of education. The modern education thought emphasizes that early childhood education lays the foundation for life-long learning and whole person development. The core value of early childhood education today lies in “child-centeredness”
The course is very practical and experience-oriented. From the start, you work with young children. You explore the fascinating world of pre-primary children and pre-primary education. You also go deeper into backgrounds and skills that are important to learn for every teacher. You are continually challenged to work actively on your personal growth, on the basis of your interests and future dreams. As a result, you gradually develop your own style of dealings with pre-primary children. You learn to perform the specific tasks of a pre- primary teacher.
- Teaching in pre-primary school and supervising school operations
- Work as centre/school head
- Curriculum planning
- Starting your own preschool
- Working as an educational consultant
- Writing children’s books/articles/columns in magazines
- Child care centres
- NGOs running social service centres
- As an education assistant in socio-cultural organizations or museums
- As an administrator with a responsible role in day care centres
- Teaching privately, giving tuitions and coaching
- Entrepreneurship of educational programs (Brain Gym, Abacus, etc.)
- Entrepreneurship in preparing educational teaching materials (books, teaching aids, games, etc.)
In the school you will be required to participate in all sorts of projects, e.g. curriculum
formation, interacting with parents, inculcating discipline, understanding and dealing with
emotional fluctuations in children, developing expressive language besides actively getting
involved in teaching the ‘3-R’s (reading, writing, ‘rithmatic).
You will be expected to enthusiastically participate in school activities like preparing annual day function, celebrating and presenting assemblies, sports day activities, parent-teacher meetings, preparing reports and evaluating every child’s progress from time to time.
We intend to make you effective childcare professionals and teachers par
The curriculum for the ECCE Diploma Course is developed by child care professionals and psychologists. It helps to understand a child’s natural growth patterns and related behavior. It thus prepares you to deal with a child’s emotional, social, physical, and educational needs and development.
Course Eligibility: 12th Standard, H.Sc. OR equivalent 10 + 2 in any stream.
"A" Level high school certificate
There is no age bar for enrolling in the course. One is eligible for teaching preschoolers as long as one is physically fit and has no difficulties in performing routine tasks involved in teaching small children.
Course Highlights: Excellent course for teachers and mothers too!
The scientific knowledge of child development and child psychology incorporated in the course makes this course very suitable for young parents, particularly for mothers of small children and expectant mothers. This will be the best way to help their child to grow and express its potentials.
The full course duration is about one academic year devided in three modules.
Module I - (Takes about 8-10 weeks)
We follow text book authored by Executive-Director (of Manthan) Mrs. Asha Raja. The book named ‘7 areas of Child Development & Growth- from pre-natal to pre-school’, includes first 6 months of child’s life. The book is comprehensive and easy to follow. It is popular with students of pre-primary Teacher’s Training courses from various institutes, child counsellors, other individuals working with children, like social workers, LD remedial teachers and parents or parents to-be.
- Child Development- Physical, Intellectual, Cognitive, Social development of a child from pre-natal to pre-school age.
- Child Psychology- Emotional and psychological development in early childhood. Dealing with common childhood problems related to fears, temper-tantrums, jealousy, discipline etc. Importance of play and motor development. Fostering language development.
- Requirements of a good nursery school- Material and human resources
- Objectives of Early Childhood Education- Present preschool practices in Eastern &
Influence of various philosophers on childhood education systems.
- Journal work - includes curriculum planning. lesson plans to teach children every aspect of learning Rhymes, Stories, Compositions, General Knowledge, English Language and improvement of Vocabulary, Alphabets and Number work, Environmental study, Development of various concepts.
- Preparing pattern books for Readiness-pre reading, prewriting, pre math through pattern writing
- Art and Craft- Preparing & presenting portfolio of paper work, origami, crayon and paint work etc. appropriate for nursery children.
- Simple project presentation- Theme work presented on relevant subject to teach a selected concept through paper work, games, activities, craft etc. e.g. Colors, Shapes, Sizes, Textures, & simple science experiments etc.
Module II- (Takes about 10-12 weeks)
It is important to gain practical experience of working with children and dealing with anxious parents who are leaving their little one under the care of strangers for the first time. Without the experience gained during practical training it is not possible to understand and learn to handle such delicate feelings of parents and difficult situations teachers have to very often face.
- Guidance and necessary assistance is provided for undertaking Practical Training at the pre-primary school near your residence for one academic term (i.e. about 3-4 months)
- Students are expected to do Internship training in a recognized, established pre- primary school, either private or a section of a high school
Internship-Completed in about 3 months.
This is a mandatory part of the course; essential to qualify for the diploma certificate. Candidates will be provided necessary guidance for pursuing the internship at a school in their area/locality/town.
This is an important opportunity for students to demonstrate their capacity as efficient teachers to school authorities.
This also provides them the gateway to enter into the field and get employment. Very often the schools they work with as trainees offer the jobs on completion of the course.
- The candidate will follow the regular school timings and will be required to attend regularly. 80% attendance is necessary to qualify for the diploma.
- Candidates are expected to participate in all the activities of the school enthusiastically.
- They will gain experience of dealing with children and coping with issues related to their school work as well as handling school materials.
- They will participate in planning curriculum and implementing it practically.
- They will actively participate in organizing field trips, assembly functions and other school events.
Module III- (Takes about 6-8 weeks)
Pre-primary School Management Course (Separate Certificate awarded) Theory and practical training to qualify for a job of school Administrator, Centre- head, Principal, Head mistress….
Theory and practical training to qualify for a job of school Administrator, Centre- head, Principal, Head mistress….
- Requirements for starting a nursery school.
- Organization of space, materials, equipment.
- Curriculum planning- indoor and outdoor activities
- Human resources- Dealing with staff, teachers, parents
- The school- Branding and Promotion.
- Budgeting & Finance management- Investment, Fixed assets, Expense and Income
- Entrepreneurship- How to start your own nursery school?
- This module can be started along with module II (Practical Training to be on a fast-track & complete the course earlier - in about 25 weeks i.e. 6 months)
- The final theory test will be conducted online.
- To qualify for the Diploma in Early Childhood Care Education the candidates should have completed the above requirements and must obtain minimum aggregate of 40% in final examination of theory (Module I)
- A statement of completion of internship in the school issued by the relevant school authority on their letterhead (Module II)
- Submitting separate answer sheet for Module III test paper to qualify for the Pre-primary Management certificate course.